Sunday, April 26, 2009

I learnt something today

I like to be perfect on everything I do.
The downside is that if I’m not thriving on something, sometimes unconsciously I’d avoid it.

Lately I’m enjoying yoga very much, especially one thought by my favourite instructor.
Anyway, after attending her classes for some time I still could not do the head-stand pose.
Every time I fell down, I felt stupid and that I’ve disappointed her since she had been helping me perform the pose many times.
Lately this reached some point that I considered to avoid her class.

Besides yoga, my other hobby lately was golf.
Well, to be exact, driving, since I did not have the courage to go to the green yet.

God is good to me that my first time swinging the club, I could hit the ball pretty good.
My first driving experience was quite satisfactory that I can hit 100m with my 6-iron.

This morning, even though the reluctance was high, I had successfully forced myself to attend the yoga class.
I was still fail to do the head-stand pose.
But the important thing was that I didn’t run away but faced my fear.

Later in the afternoon, in the driving range, I didn’t know what went wrong, I could barely hit the ball!!
My swings kept hit the wrong side of the ball which resulted in humiliating ball flights.
Then perhaps out of a pity, suddenly a couple of foreigner (Korean, I think) gave me free swing course.
The guy was very good and was a member of some Golf Champion club.
They were very attentive to watch my swings and explain the correct techniques with mixed Bahasa - Tarzan language :).

I was still fail to hit as good as I used to be.
But their attention has made me happy that I could see my failure as a learning experience.
(I did realize some potential problem in my old swing style which hopefully will enable me doing better swing next time)

I learnt something today.
It is better to do something, though not perfect since it’ll give improvement chances.

(previously posted in Friendster on November 1st, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment