Sunday, April 26, 2009

Butut



Butut

That is a one descriptive word that is always used by my brother to name my motorcycle.
He always says, that it is very embarassing for me to go everywhere using my "butut" motorcycle.

Hmmm, let me think…

Huh, go to hell with that :p

I like going everywhere using my old motorcycle, more than my new car :).

Parts because I like the flexibility of using motorcycle.
Especially in Jakarta traffic, which I always think specially created for bikers.
Traffic jams everywhere, only a very-very-very patient man can go through it every day, every month, every year, stuck in the car listening to whatever music.
Not me.

Parts because it is already old so that the moral burden on riding it is pretty low.
I always feel more peaceful on riding it because I do not afraid of it being scratched anymore.
It has been scratched everywhere, anyway.
Peacefulness in Jakarta traffic is a very valuable asset you know.

And also sometimes, if my melancholic part is strengthened, it is because somehow it refreshing my spirit.

I had my motorcycle since my third grade in Senior High School in Malang.
Since then it has been my faithful vehicle when I move to Surabaya for college, then to Jakarta to work.

Sometimes, I can imagine re-living the memories of my last year of High School.
Sometimes of my hard college live in Surabaya.
Also sometimes of my first years working in Jakarta.

They refreshing my spirit, make me remember, who I was, who I am and who I want to be.

Note: I'm using a new bike now, but the memories of my old ones still linger.

(previously posted in Friendster on November 21st, 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment